Read the Full Story
Comcast may be waving the white flag in the bidding war for Fox. CNBC reports that Comcast is unlikely to increase its previous $65B bid to try and top Disney’s current $71.3B bid for most of 21st Century Fox. Disney, already a heavy favorite to acquire Fox, can now work on finalizing the deal with little or no opposition.
Comcast will instead focus on acquiring the majority of British pay-TV provider Sky. Fox already owns 39% of Sky and will sell that share to Disney. Fox is hoping to acquire the remaining 61% of Sky that they do not own, which Fox would also sell to Disney. Comcast, however, currently has the higher bid for that remaining 61%.
From Marvel Studios News: