Marvel has finally shared the first look at Eternals, an upcoming ensemble that will introduce a new set of superheroes this November. The film is helmed by Oscar-winning director Chloé Zhao, who won awards for Best Picture and Best Director for Nomadland.
The new teaser was included with a sizzle reel that highlighted Marvel’s past but also showed there’s a lot on the horizon. With the COVID-19 pandemic disrupting the movie industry in a major way, Marvel’s newest sizzle reel is a fun way to get hyped for the future, which includes the newly titled Black Panther 2 and Captain Marvel 2.
In addition to content coming to Disney+, Marvel has a stacked slate for theaters. As of now, the only movie that’s getting a same-day release for home and theaters is Black Widow, which will be available on July 9. That will be followed by theatrical release for Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, Eternals, and Spider-Man: No Way Home in 2021. Then we’ll see four movies in 2022 and at least two movies in 2023, but Marvel still has yet to announce certain projects, so chances are there will be more.
Here is the current release date schedule for Marvel’s upcoming projects:
- Black Widow: July 9, 2021
- Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings: Septermber 3, 2021
- Eternals: November 5, 2021
- Spider-Man: No Way Home: December 17, 2021
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness: March 25, 2022
- Thor: Love and Thunder: May 6, 2022
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever: July 8, 2022
- The Marvels: November 11, 2022
- Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania: February 17, 2023
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3: May 5, 2033
- Fantastic Four: TBD